Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"I'm growing up"...(insert tear)

I'm really enjoying my time staying home with the kids. I really feel that my relationship with Har and Laws is growing and they are changing by this extra time and attention from mom. As I think how quickly this time will go by, it's really bittersweet. I want them to grow, learn, and enjoy life to the fullest, at the same time I want to protect them and comfort them as if they are still babies.

As Harleigh was coming downstairs, I said "come on down, my little baby."
She quickly corrected me, "Mom, I'm not a baby. Look how much I'm growing up."

I think the little momma inside of me started to cry, and by "cry" I mean have an uncontrollable wailing, gasping for air, "ugly" cry. I'm not looking forward to Harleigh starting school in a few years, that little girl inside of me will totally come out and I'll have no neighbor friends, for sure!;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment