Monday, February 10, 2014

Bedtime Negotiations

This month Harleigh has become a smart little sales person in her own right. Early in the afternoon she would say "mom, thanks for letting me stay up late tonight." Then, she would run off and begin playing with a game or toy. The first few times she did this, I thought maybe I had made a promise to her earlier and forgot. However, after a few days of her doing this I realized that the little stinker got one over me! I never promised a late bedtime.

Well, my Dear, it may have taken a little time, but mom knows your game. I've even started to play back, at lunch this week, I said "Harleigh, thank you for having good behavior tonight and staying in your bed when mom and dad say it's bedtime." She looked at me, smiled, and kept eating.

Game. Set. Match.

1 comment: