Tuesday, January 28, 2014

No Bake Protein Bites

I'm not a fan of baking, I enjoy cooking. I think it's because I feel I can cook much faster and with less mess- no need to measure, just eyeball it and taste, then adjust. With baking you have to follow the instructions or you end up with an ugly, disgusting mess, and if you can't tell- I'm speaking from experience, lots of experience. :)

I like these because I was able to "eyeball it" and they are really tasty, and good for an on-the-go high protein, high fiber snack.

1 cup Oatmeal
3/4 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
1/2 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
(or almond slivers or other nut)
1/2 cup flaxseed
1/2 cup chocolate chips (or craisins or other sweet treat)
1 tsp vanilla
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
Combine all the ingredients.  Use your hands to combine.  Then roll into small balls.  Place on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes (or freeze for about 5 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment